FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions

Kibosh Support

FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions

Postby Kibosh Support » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:46 am

Q: Can I install Kibosh on an Apple iPhone, iPad, Windows Phone or other Non-Android mobile devices?
A: Kibosh is currently available to download only on Android devices. further support for other device types is planned for the future.
If you wish to be notified of new Operating System support, please sign up to our future releases mailing list and you will be notified.

Q: My main area in the map is empty, how come I don't see anyone there?
A: Please make sure that you haven't applied too many filters, if you use filters - the map will only show members who match up to these.

Q: How do I search for a specific member?
A: Kibosh is made to be as anonymous as possible, because of this you cannot search for a specific member. However, if this is someone you know you can apply very specific filters to match their profile information which will significantly reduce possible matches.

Q: A chat that I was previously engaged in disappeared from the My Chats list, what happened?
A: There could be a few reasons for this situation to have been caused:
  1. If you have disabled the chat with this member - check your Disabled Chats list and you can find them there
  2. If you have accidentally removed the chat display by tapping the Image icon, then you must find the member's current condition screen, and from there tap the chat icon Image located on the top right corner of the screen; this will direct you straight into the chat window and all the chat history will be kept. You must write down at least one message (an interaction must take place) for the chat link to re-appear in the My Chats list.
  3. If you have placed this member in your Black list, or they have placed you in theirs - the chat link will be removed. To have the chat with them again - remove the member from your black list, and find their condition screen again.

Q: My message box is grayed out explaining I need at least 50 exp to post a message. What do I do?
A: Generally most actions will gain you experience points. The fastest way to gain the minimum required to post public messages is by filling in your profile fields - Gender, Birthday, Substance and Location (see edit profile)

Q: I am not receiving Push notifications
A: There could be a few reasons for this situation to have been caused:
  1. Check your notification settings and see if you have the types of notifications you want to receive enabled.
  2. Make sure you have not logged out of your Kibosh account. If you manually log out through the menu, your device will not be associated with any Kibosh account and thus you will not receive any notifications. Note that closing the app, locking the screen or having Kibosh running in your device background will continue to have the Kibosh account associated with your device which will include receiving Push notifications.
  3. In a very rare situation, your device default settings might not be set up to accept Push notifications. To fix this, either drag the Kibosh icon to "App info" or go to the device settings - Apps - Kibosh and make sure "Show notifications" check-box is ON

Q: How do members get arranged on the top section of the map?
A: Any new member view will be connected with a dotted line to the right of the currently centered hexagon. Your representation will always be on the very left.

Return to “FAQ, Q&A”