6. Private interactions: Chats

Kibosh help and documentation
Kibosh Support

6. Private interactions: Chats

Postby Kibosh Support » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:44 am

Chats
Kibosh has a built in private chat messaging system where you can chat privately with other members.
The chat section is divided into 2 lists (My chats, Disabled chats) that include your chat contacts and a Chat window with each of your chat contacts.
To open up the chats section swipe your finger from the right edge of your screen to the left.
Chats001.png
Last edited by Kibosh Support on Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:35 am, edited 5 times in total.
Kibosh Support

My chats tab

Postby Kibosh Support » Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:38 pm

Tags: My chats list, message box options
My chats
The first section of chats is the My chats tab. My chats will list all members that you have participated with in a chat.
Excluding: members who have been blacklisted by you or have blacklisted you, chats that you have disabled and chats that you have manually hidden.
Chats002.png

This list is assembled out of chat links with each member:
chats004.png

Next to the member's username you will find part of the last chat message that was written (if you posted the last message the font color will display light blue).
Tapping the link-box will open up the corresponding chat window with this member.
To the right of the link-box you can find more options by tapping the '<' icon.
This will open up the following options (left to right):

Image / Image - Toggle this member into or out of your favorites list

Image - Go to this member's current condition page

Image - Disable the chat with this member (What is a "disabled chat"?)

Image - Hide this chat from the list

Tags: My chats list, message box options
Attachments
blockuser.png
_X_.png
hex.png
filledstar.png
emptystar.png
Last edited by Kibosh Support on Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:29 am, edited 10 times in total.
Kibosh Support

Disabled chats tab

Tags: Disabled chats list, Disabled message box options
Disabled chats
The second section of chats is the Disabled chats tab. Disabled chats will list all members that you have disabled the chat with.

chats003.png

Similar to the My chats list, this list is assembled out of chat links with each member:
chats005.png

Next to the member's username you will find part of the last chat message that was written (if you posted the last message the font color will display light blue).
Tapping the link-box will open up the corresponding chat window with this member.
To the right of the link-box you can find more options by tapping the '<' icon.
This will open up the following options (left to right):

Image / Image - Toggle this member into or out of your favorites list

Image - Go to this member's current condition page

Image - Enable the chat with this member (What is a "disabled chat" ?)

Image - Hide this chat from the list

Tags: Disabled chats list, Disabled message box options
Attachments
allowuser.png
Last edited by Kibosh Support on Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:29 am, edited 9 times in total.
Kibosh Support

Chat window

Tags: Chat window, message status, What is a "Disabled chat" ?, How to disable a chat?, How to enable a disabled chat?
Chat window
The chat window is where you can privately engage with another community member in a private chat.
chatwindow.png

Messages that you receive will be aligned to the left part of the window inside a light orange bubble.
Messages that you write will be aligned to the right part of the window inside a light purple bubble.
For messages that you write you will see an icon indicating the current delivery status of the message:

Image - Sent this indicates that your message was successfully sent to the server.

Image - Delivered this indicates that the member that you are chatting with has received the chat message to their device.

Image - Read is the final step which indicates that the member has read your message.

Image - Error in some cases an error might occur thus indicating that there was a problem sending the message. If you see this you can tap the icon to retry sending.

What is a "Disabled chat" ?
You can choose to disable a chat with any member without requiring you to black list them. This might be done for various reasons, however simply put - you do not want to chat privately with this member at this time or ever.
Disabling a chat can easily be undone, see enabling chat.

How to disable a chat?
You can disable any chat through the My chats - member's chat link-box - options icon Image
When you tap the disable chat icon Image, you will be prompted a confirmation:
disableprompt.png

FOR NOW will disable the chat until you change your condition.
FOREVER will disable the chat without a deadline, until you manually enable it.
When you have disabled a chat, two things happen:
1. The chat link is moved to the Disabled chats list
2. In the chat window itself, you will see a confirmation line:
youdisabled.png

How to enable a disabled chat?
You can enable a disabled chat through the Disabled chats list - member's chat link-box - options icon Image.
Another way to do this is by entering the chat window itself and tapping on the disabled message box:
disabledmb.png

This will prompt you the option to enable the chat.
You can only enable disabled chats that you have disabled. If the chat was disabled by the other member - only they can enable it.
When you enable a chat, two things happen:
1. The chat link is moved to the My chats list.
2. In the chat window itself, you will see a confirmation line:
youenabled.png

Tags: Chat window, message status, What is a "Disabled chat" ?, How to disable a chat?, How to enable a disabled chat?
Attachments
status_error.png
status_sent.png
status_read.png
status_delivered.png
Last edited by Kibosh Support on Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:03 am, edited 15 times in total.

Return to “Kibosh help”